Serves 4 Difficulty Rating: Easy
Ingredients:
· 5 quart pot of boiling water (big enough to hold pasta without breaking it)
· 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus salt to be used later
· 1 pound pasta (spaghetti, linguini, gemelli, bucatini, bavette)
· ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Some Cannellini beans, well rinsed (this is my addition, I need the protien and I like this)
· 2 Tablespoons butter
· Some Cannellini beans, well rinsed (this is my addition, I need the protien and I like this)
· 2 Tablespoons butter
· Good quality freshly ground black pepper (I use Penzy’s India Special Extra Bold peppercorns)
· ¾ cup freshly grated Cacio de Roma or Pecorino Romano or Gran Padano cheese
Preparation:
Bring water to a boil and add 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Add pasta and cook following the package directions – al dente, that is, firm ‘to the teeth’
While boiling the pasta, heat the oil in a large sauté pan until very hot.
When it's hot, add some freshly ground pepper to toast it
If you decide to add the Cannellini beans as I often do because I need the protien (and it's delicous) I add them here and toss them around with the pepper - this is not part of the standard recipe.
If you decide to add the Cannellini beans as I often do because I need the protien (and it's delicous) I add them here and toss them around with the pepper - this is not part of the standard recipe.
When the pasta is al dente (still firm "to the teeth"), drain, keeping some of the pasta water aside
Add pasta and butter to the sauté pan – toss over medium high heat.
Add cheese and pepper, and salt if necessary and toss. If it’s too dry, add reserved cooking liquid ¼ cup at a time until you get the desired moisture level (not too much, moist, not swimming).
Toss and serve immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment